Thursday, May 3, 2012

Things Work Out

It's funny how things have a way of not working out the way you want them to. For example, Andrew and I found this amazing apartment that we wanted to move to, like right now. Well, we hadn't actually seen it on the inside, so it could have been a total crap hole, but the description sounded amazing, and it looked pretty cool when we drove past it, and we would have saved about $100 a month on rent. I read through the contract we have on our current apartment, which is up at the end of August, and I thought it said we could terminate our contract with a $50 fee if we didn't find someone to take it over. Well, I guess I don't know what "prorated" means, because in actuality, if we moved, we'd still have to pay rent until the end of the contract or until the landlord finds someone else, and there's no guarantee that they would. So there went our amazing apartment, because by now it's surely rented to someone else. And to continue with the trend of things not working out the way I want them to, I've been trying to find a job lately and I have had zero luck so far. I applied to work at Macy's at the mall, and they interviewed me, but turns out they didn't actually have any positions to fill, so no job for me. I'm currently in the process of applying for another job at Special Collections in the library (and since Andrew works there now he'd have to quit, because spouses can't work together, even though we'd be doing two totally different things; he's actually totally fine with quitting cause he doesn't like his job  anymore and he'd have to quit anyway since he's now Battalion Commander for ROTC and that's gonna take up a crap load of his time) which sounds like an awesome job and something I'd be totally into cause it has to do with history, and now you all know how much I love history. But I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it doesn't work out, because like I said, things have a way of not working out the way you want them to. I'm sure I have countless other examples of things not working out, and I'm also sure that you do too.

But you know what? It's okay, because things work out they way they're supposed to, and I am a firm believer in that. A lot of times the way we want them to work out and the way they're supposed to work out aren't the same (but sometimes they are), and that's okay, because what's supposed to happen usually ends up being better for us that what we want to happen. It's supposed to happen that way for a reason, though we may not see why at first, and it may take us a long time to see why it happened that way. We may never see why, but I really think that whatever happens to us was supposed to happen, even if what happens is really, really awful. Everything will make sense eventually, and it may not even be in this life. So it's okay that Andrew and I didn't  get that apartment, and it's okay that I didn't get a job at Macy's, and it will be okay if I don't get that job at Special Collections. Things will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. Things work out.
*Wrap*

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I totally know what you mean. I've been really stressed with my RS calling and most of the time (as much as I hate to say it,) I really don't like it and wish I didn't have it. My mission papers have taken forever and I just want to leave this ward and get out on a mission. BUT I know that the experiences I have now are helping me later. Eyring's talk from the last conference helped me realize that.

    Love you, elyse!
    Stevie

    ReplyDelete