Sunday, October 9, 2011

Life Thus Far

Okay...three posts in one day. So you might be wondering what Andrew and I have been up to since we got married. Well, I will tell you. And if you're not, then I'm gonna tell you anyway. We got married August 12th in the St. George temple (which is our (and by our I mean the Oldroyd's) family temple; Andrew and I were 5th generation to be married there) and then we went on our honeymoon to Las Vegas and California and then back to Las Vegas. Oh and just a little side note, while Andrew and I were in Las Vegas the first time, we went to see the Jabbawockeez at the Monte Carlo and it was absolutely amazing. We had front row seats and their show was incredible. You cannot even imagine how excited I was. If you don't know who the Jabbawockeez are maybe this will ring a bell:
And if it doesn't ring a bell, well then you are missing out. Just so you're not wondering, they're a dance crew, and they're amazing. So anyway, after Vegas we went back to Andrew's mission in California (he always wanted to take his wife back to his mission for the honeymoon), and after a few days there we went back to Las Vegas for a few more days and then after our week-long honeymoon we went to Texas for our wedding reception and Kansas for an open house, and then we drove out here to Provo. Unfortunately for us, we couldn't move into our apartment until August 31st (which was two days after school started), but luckily I have amazing aunties and we stayed at my aunt's house in Orem. I quite like our little apartment, but Andrew thinks it's too expensive, so we're probably gonna move after our contract is up in a year. And anyway, school's been pretty good so far. I'm currently in crisis because I've had a slight change of heart regarding my major, and now I can't decide if I want to continue studying neuroscience or switch to history. Big switch, I know. And it's a little late to be changing my mind, but history is a seriously easy major so I think I could finish in time. Andrew however, is not in crisis over his major, he's still studying economics and planning on going into the Army. He got a job at the broadcasting building calling people and asking people to donate money, worked there for two weeks, and then quit because he hated it and he was just too busy. He then found a job in Special Collections in the library, and now he gets to read accounts from World War II for his job. I am so freakin' jealous. So yeah I guess that's what we've been up to in a nutshell. Our lives are not very exciting haha. We did get to go to the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference last weekend though, and that was very exciting. Anyway, I guess I'll wrap it up now for the day. Maybe.
*Wrap*

No comments:

Post a Comment