Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh Hi

Did you miss me? Well Christmas break is officially over, and it's back to school for Andrew and I. We had an awesome Christmas- we spent it in Kansas with Andrew's family and then drove down to Texas to spend New Year's with my family. We both loved spending time with our families and had tons of fun. Personally, I don't think we spent enough time in Texas (we were only there about 3 and a half days), but oh well, it was Andrew's family's on year to spend Christmas together. I definitely missed spending Christmas with my family, but I had a good first Christmas with Andrew and his family. The most exciting thing I got for Christmas was a Kindle Fire, and I love it. It's awesome. I prefer it to the iPad, and not just cause it's like $300 cheaper. Of course, I'm saying this based playing with other people's iPads, cause I don't have one of my own. We didn't do anything too exciting over the break. We spent time with family, saw a few movies (Sherlock Holmes, which was amazing; War Horse, which was really good-kinda depressing but at the same time it had a fairly happy ending; and Mission Impossible 4, which was good), and blew up gingerbread houses on New Year's Eve. All in all, it was a good Christmas break.

And now, it's back to school. Andrew is taking 15 credit hours and I'm taking 16. I'm super excited for a few of my classes, namely genetics (which some people might not find interesting, but I find it fascinating), astronomy, Greek and Roman mythology, and the second half of the Doctrine & Covenants with Brother Bott, who is one of the best professors at BYU. I'm not really excited for the second half of organic chemistry or history 201 though. Normally I really love history, but I don't like discussion based classes, and that's what this one is going to be. I'd prefer to be lectured to. Plus this class is pretty much all papers. Another reason I'm excited for genetics is because the professor is really funny. Today in class when he was explaining to us why he doesn't accept late homework, he declared, "I'm not Solomon. I can't cut that baby!" He also joked that some of the students in the class were ugly.

So yeah, I've lost interest in this blog post and I've run out of things to say, so I guess I'll just wrap it up. But first, if you have similar musical interests to me you might enjoy this. It's a remix of Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes. It was actually on the trailer to the new GI Joe movie. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m7e7tCn7Bk. And if you really like it, there's a link to download it in the description box.
*Wrap*

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I liked the remix! I think I might put that on my running mix.

    ReplyDelete