Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Exciting News!

I have exciting news folks! No we're not pregnant, but we are getting a new addition to our family, and it's a car! Yep, we're getting a new car. Well, a used car, but it's new to us. It's this car in fact:
That very car right there is our new car. It's a 1994 Toyota 4Runner, and it only costs us $1600! The guy who's selling it moved to Greece and wanted to take it with him, but it would have been too expensive, so he had to sell it. It's in really good shape and he recently replaced a bunch of stuff and it only has 128,000 miles on it (other cars of the same make that are the same age have around 200,000 miles on them). We're taking it to a mechanic of course when we get it, but it will probably be okay. The only drawback is that it gets crappy gas mileage, but we're willing to bite the bullet on that one. The main reason we're getting this car is because I can't drive stick, and Andrew's car is a stick shift. Andrew's tried to teach me, but I just hate it. I always thought it would be so cool to drive stick, but now that I know that I suck at it, I just don't want to bother trying anymore. The only way I'd actually learn to drive stick is if we got a '67 Mustang Fastback (dream car) and I don't think that's happening any time soon. Probably not ever really, but I can dream. Plus, Andrew worries about me driving in snow, and this car will be a lot safer than his little Acura. So anyway, that's our exciting news! Oh and we might sell the old car, we haven't really decided yet.
*Wrap*

No comments:

Post a Comment