Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Our Weekend

So here's a quick run down of the beginning of my relationship with Andrew, and then I will tell you about our weekend. I started liking Andrew at the end of October last year, and unfortunately, my roommate Stevie liked him too. Between the two of us, Andrew picked me, and that turned into a rather sticky situation which I still feel slightly awkward/bad about, but Stevie and I are still really good friends (I consider her one of my best friends, and I hope she feels the same way), so it turned out okay. Oh man, I could write a whole heck of a lot about what led up to my relationship with Andrew, but I guess I'll just give you the short version, unless you want the long version, and then I can make another post about it. Of course, I'll have no way of knowing if you want the long version, unless you comment on this post. So if you don't comment on this post, I won't give you the long version, and if you do, then I will. Sound fair? Okay good. I'll assume you're agreeing with me. Anyway, on October 30th of 2010, Andrew asked me on our first date for that next Friday (November 5th). We both knew that we liked each other by that point, so when he held my hand on the date it wasn't weird. He took me up to Salt Lake and we went to Chipotle (I had told him previously that I loved Chipotle), then to the Gateway mall where we were going to do a scavenger hunt but I'm not the kind of person who likes that sort of thing unless it's with a really big group, so we scratched that idea, and then we went to the Salt Lake temple, which was where he held my hand. The next day we made it official and we've been together ever since. Okay that wasn't a very quick rundown, but I inherited my dad's ability to drag out a story that could have been told in two sentences, much to Andrew's annoyance, and this is my blog, so I can say whatever the heck I want. Anyway, so since this past weekend was the one year anniversary of the aforementioned events, we decided to commemorate said events by recreating them. On Saturday, we drove out to Salt Lake, went to Chipotle:
This Chipotle in fact, not that you can tell from this picture where it is.
After Chipotle, we went to the Gateway mall and spent a rather long time in the Barnes & Noble (Andrew doesn't like reading, but he likes hanging out in Barnes & Noble, and I do like reading AND hanging out in Barnes & Noble, so it's a win-win). We also spent a little bit of time in the Dick's Sporting Goods (there was a reason, don't worry about it).

After that we went up to temple square,
 and went inside the Tabernacle cause I've never been in there before, 
 and then up to the Christus statue in the visitor's center, because that was where we first held hands.








Here's us where we first held hands...not that you can tell.
Okay now all these pictures are screwing with my text...anyway, after that we went to the Fear Factory, which didn't have anything to do with our first date, I just wanted to go. If you've driven on the freeway past Salt Lake you've probably seen it. It's the huge factory looking building with scary murals painted on the side and a huge 666 also painted on the side and a statue of the Grim Reaper about to drop two guys. It used to be a cement factory built in the 30's, but it sat abandoned for a while and then some guys bought it and turned it into a haunted "attraction." It didn't open till a week before Halloween cause the city wouldn't give them their permits and they had to fight with the city over it, but eventually they got their permits, and now they're open. If you know me, you know I have a weird obsession with the paranormal and old buildings, and this place is supposedly actually haunted, so this place seemed like a dream come true. Unfortunately, they didn't capitalize on the supposed hauntedness of the building, and it was just like a regular old haunted house, except lamer. They didn't have NEARLY enough actors, so it really wasn't scary at all. They did have AMAZING animatronics and decorations, so maybe next year when they have more actors it will be a lot better. It probably would have been a lot scarier if they had just left it in the condition they bought it in (with a little bit of cleanup to make it safe for people) and then had people walk through in the dark (or minimal light). If it were me, I'd psych myself out about every little thing, and even if I didn't experience any real paranormal activity, I'd still be scared out of my mind. I'm not sure how long the haunted house attraction will be open, but once they close that, they'll probably do ghost hunts (and other events) which would be freakin' AWESOME. Maybe they could even get Ghost Adventures (Ghost Hunters on steroids...probably literally, cause one of the main guys has arms bigger than my legs) to come investigate, and that would be so cool.
Anyway, so that was our weekend. I hope you enjoyed reading about it as much as I enjoyed experiencing it. 
*Wrap*

No comments:

Post a Comment